To obtain citizenship in Dominica, you can apply through the Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP). The CIP allows individuals and families to acquire Dominican citizenship by making a qualifying investment in the country.
Here are the general steps to obtain citizenship through the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program:
1. Choose an Authorized Agent: Select an authorized agent who is licensed by the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU). They will guide you through the application process and provide the necessary assistance. Do I have to visit Dominica to obtain citizenship?
2. Submit Application: Prepare and submit the necessary application forms, along with the required supporting documents and fees, to the CBIU through your authorized agent. The application must include details about your personal information, background, and investment plans.
3. Investment Options: Choose one of the qualifying investment options outlined by the CIP. Currently, the two main options are:
a. Contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF): Make a non-refundable contribution to the EDF, which is used for national development projects.
b. Real Estate Investment: Invest in approved real estate projects in Dominica. The minimum investment amount varies depending on the location and type of property.
4. Due Diligence and Background Checks: Undergo a thorough due diligence process, which includes background checks conducted by Dominican authorities. This process is designed to ensure the integrity of the citizenship program.
5. Approval and Citizenship: Once your application is approved, you will receive a letter of approval from the government. After making the required investment, taking the Oath of Allegiance, and satisfying all other requirements, you will be granted Dominican citizenship and issued a passport.
It is important to consult with an authorized agent or specialized immigration lawyer to guide you through the specific requirements and processes in obtaining citizenship in Dominica.